MrsGig
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gig 4 A Quid - Write Up - March 27th 09

2 posters

Go down

Gig 4 A Quid - Write Up - March 27th 09 Empty Gig 4 A Quid - Write Up - March 27th 09

Post  Street Voice UK Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:18 am

The Sketch - ShyClo And The Boys - Dissolved In - Accident + Emergency Live Westcoast - Fri 27th March

After spending most of the day doing a deep spring clean it was time to head off into Margate for the fourth Gig 4 A Show. On arrival at the venue the bands started in drifting in and the Mad Professor started doing his magic with the sound.

Come 7.30pm it was looking a but quiet and then all of a sudden what seemed huge amounts of kids popping up and I was run ragged on the door.

Gig 4 A Quid - Write Up - March 27th 09 3394222953_c15eb98b18

Come 7.50pm and it was time for The Sketch to hit the stage. At past gigs they've played for me something has always gone wrong but tonight they were on top form and the crowd loved their pop-punk tunes. And this was a band who were worried that there wouldn't be anyone about to see them so early. They needn't have been worried and certainly had the best slot of the night regards the crowd. Even the sound engineer was getting into their stuff and they went down with everyone who was there.

Gig 4 A Quid - Write Up - March 27th 09 3394222189_231c36fdfe

Next up were ShyClo And The Boys who's sound is a mixture of Hip Hop and Rock. They gave a good account of themselves and despite a drop in the audience numbers they were enjoyed by the kids who watched them. They're a great little band and one certainly worth seeing if you get the chance.

Gig 4 A Quid - Write Up - March 27th 09 3395028196_9ae8dd3c61

Third band on were Dissolved In and they just tore the place apart with some great pop-punk tunes. After seeing these guys live I can see why they're making a name for themselves on the gig circuit and others in the audience could too. Most of the other bands were jumping about to this band as I was. They were certainly more enjoyable than the Attack! Attack! show the other week. The place was electric. Pity the fools outside who missed one of the best bands we've put on in two years.

Gig 4 A Quid - Write Up - March 27th 09 3394221593_fee46a8c78

Gig 4 A Quid - Write Up - March 27th 09 3395024174_c34fecdf57

Final band on were Accident And Emergency. Despite having a few techinical issues they gave a reasonable account of themselves but probably want to work at gelling everything together a little tighter and they'll do well on the local gig circuit. Anyway they had members of the crowd going ansd the band seemed to enjoy themselves so that was an end to a great night.

Gig 4 A Quid - Write Up - March 27th 09 3395027586_9973a16241

Crowd crazy as usual for the all ages shows and giving the bands a great audience to play too. Mad! Mad! Mad!

Next show is Friday April 10th with six bands including Challenge The Chess Club, The Duel, Falzones and Head Clinic. £1 in and doors open at 6pm.
Street Voice UK
Street Voice UK

Number of posts : 15
Mrs Gig Fun tokens : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://www.myspace.com/streetvoice

Back to top Go down

Gig 4 A Quid - Write Up - March 27th 09 Empty Re: Gig 4 A Quid - Write Up - March 27th 09

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:06 am

It's just suddenly occured to me that I used to go to this venue quite a bit in the early nineties.

Used to watch bands like Crow and Mothers ruin there!
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius
Comrade
Comrade

Number of posts : 227
Mrs Gig Fun tokens : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-09

http://www.Dmanlamius.com

Back to top Go down

Gig 4 A Quid - Write Up - March 27th 09 Empty re

Post  Street Voice UK Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:11 am

Dmanlamius wrote:It's just suddenly occured to me that I used to go to this venue quite a bit in the early nineties.

Used to watch bands like Crow and Mothers ruin there!

Yes you probably did. I wasn't down here back then but I know the venue has changed hands a few times and with it how the building was used.
Street Voice UK
Street Voice UK

Number of posts : 15
Mrs Gig Fun tokens : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://www.myspace.com/streetvoice

Back to top Go down

Gig 4 A Quid - Write Up - March 27th 09 Empty Re: Gig 4 A Quid - Write Up - March 27th 09

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down