MrsGig
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY NEIGHBOURS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT NOISE WHEN PRACTISING. WHAT CAN I DO?

4 posters

Go down

MY NEIGHBOURS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT NOISE WHEN PRACTISING.  WHAT CAN I DO? Empty MY NEIGHBOURS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT NOISE WHEN PRACTISING. WHAT CAN I DO?

Post  Admin Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:41 pm

(from the musicians union)

My neighbours are complaining about my practising my instrument, and I've had a letter from the local environmental health services, what can I do?

As a professional musician you should be able to practise but what may seem perfectly reasonable to you may not be regarded as such by your neighbours. In the event of a dispute with neighbours you can write to them offering a suitable timetable of practising hours that would fit in with their hours, saying that you need to practise for your professional means. Hey, you might even end up teaching their children to play the digeridoo! However, should they complain to the council, you may receive a visit from local authority environmental officers who may inspect your property and give the neighbours sound measuring equipment to make a proper survey of the noise extremes. You may be required to put in extra soundproofing. The council officers may also make suggestions that you can then use as a basis for negotiation and hopefully reach a compromise. You can always seek the Union's advice on this matter.

www.musiciansunion.org.uk
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 197
Mrs Gig Fun tokens : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

https://mrsgig.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

MY NEIGHBOURS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT NOISE WHEN PRACTISING.  WHAT CAN I DO? Empty Re: MY NEIGHBOURS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT NOISE WHEN PRACTISING. WHAT CAN I DO?

Post  Kilamop Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:26 pm

id just ask em when its ok to make noise an if they say never i give em the ol one finger salute cheers lol!
Kilamop
Kilamop

Number of posts : 72
Mrs Gig Fun tokens : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

MY NEIGHBOURS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT NOISE WHEN PRACTISING.  WHAT CAN I DO? Empty Re: MY NEIGHBOURS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT NOISE WHEN PRACTISING. WHAT CAN I DO?

Post  carryonanon Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:48 am

if practicising alone there are things you can do to be quieter, i.e. if it's drums get the rubber pads to put on (or cushions are a cheaper alternative). it's not just neighbours you can annoy, it's people who live under your roof, too! garages are a thumbs up, and many schools will offer you a place to practice in the afternoons, if you're that age.
carryonanon
carryonanon

Number of posts : 42

http://www.sponsorformsonline.co.uk/cariadandkatie.asp

Back to top Go down

Post  rifimus Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:33 pm

find somewhere else to practise or pay alot of money for soundproofing!
rifimus
rifimus

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down